At Willow, our vision is that everyone is in a group and that every group is on mission. We believe that life transformation happens best in community—whether that be in groups of 2, 10, 50, or 200.
As the Groups Pastor you will be responsible for developing small group coaches & leaders at the South Barrington campus. Through this structure of care, you will shepherd the adults in our congregation who are participating in small groups. Collaboratively, you will develop strategy with the Core groups team to oversee small groups and execute group events at the campus. In addition, you will equip and engage a team of volunteers to support this strategy.
- Develop small group leaders and coaches who share the same passion for pathways for belonging and growing in groups.
- Identify, recruit, equip and encourage small group leaders, small group coaches, and administrative volunteers.
- Develop strategy through collaboration with South Barrington staff team and Core Adult Team for all group life at South Barrington Campus ensuring people are assimilated well into groups.
- Oversee and execute all Group Life strategies for the South Barrington Campus, creating a culture where people feel welcome, cared for and have a place to belong.
- Utilize Rock (database) to its fullest capacity, and utilize all other available forms of communication (website, social, eNews etc.) to empower people to engage in healthy small groups. Ensure leaders and coaches are cleared through Protection & Leadership Covenant.
- Keep a record of your structure of care, including small group coaches, leaders, and participants.
SUCCESS IS DEFINED AS
- An extremely vibrant volunteer culture with high capacity volunteers leading and executing on vision.
- Continually adding new small group leaders, who will help build and develop this culture.
- Positive contributor to staff culture with team collaboration as a top priority.
- Robust & healthy group culture with a majority of our church family engaged in groups, growing in their faith and taking steps to serve others together, on mission.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Skills & Competencies
- Building effective teams
- Caring about Direct Reports
- Developing and caring for volunteers
- Driver for Results
- Managing through Systems, Operating Skills
- Leadership, Delegation, communication (written & verbal), detail oriented.
- Outgoing, not afraid to engage people in conversation and invite people in.
- Passion for serving people well and attending to the details.
- Understanding of what it takes to create a culture of connection and spiritual growth.
- Can cast vision and lead volunteers.
- Must be a leader of leaders with the ability to delegate easily to others in order to expand the ministry.
- Strong team player that can bring their very best to a staff and volunteer team.
- Ability to collaborate with several teams and bring back best practices while understanding and caring for the culture of the campus.
- Ability and courage to invite people in to deeper connections.
Education & Experience
- Pastoral, ministry and/or shepherding experience preferred
- College Degree preferred, but not required
- Experience with recruiting for groups, volunteers or sales, recruiting & leading teams (preferably volunteers)
View all available positions at Willow Creek.