Our middle school (Elevate) youth pastors recruit, develop and provide leadership for the volunteers (small group leaders and point leaders) who shepherd and disciple hundreds of middle school students connected to the ministry through small groups with the ultimate mission of helping students follow Jesus. The Youth Pastor partners with the rest of the Elevate team to develop every aspect of Elevate to serve our middle school students.
- Recruit, lead, care for and develop 8-10 high caliber volunteer Point Leaders to lead a student small group and oversee 4-6 other small group leaders
- Recruit, develop and care for small group leaders so they can connect with students relationally, encourage and challenge students spiritually and engage parents
Participate in the broader Elevate staff team by participating in an area such as the teaching team, camps/retreats, special programs, etc
- Facilitate and assist with regular small group leader training sessions
- Provide pastoral support for students and their families as needed; especially in crisis situations.
- Provide referrals to professional counselors as needed and partner with parents
- Build relationships with students through general ministry involvement as well as situationally
- Provide leadership, organization, planning and execution for Elevate small group organization, potential leaders, events, camps and trips
- Provide general administration for communication, expense management, attendance, feedback processes, child-protection policies and special events
- 2+ years prior ministry experience
- Prior experience recruiting and training adult volunteers
- Prior experience working with students
- Prior demonstrated teaching experience (video recordings required)
- Skilled in shepherding youth
- Strong crisis management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- College Degree
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, discernment, shepherding, and/or evangelism
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. and be on your feet for long stretches of time
View all available positions at Willow Creek.