South Barrington REBUILD: Finding life after loss
Handling the Holidays
Wednesday, November 17 at 7 p.m. in Waterfall 1.
Navigating the holiday season after the death of a loved one can be extraordinarily challenging and painful. How do you experience the joy of the holiday season while still honoring your loss—both for yourself and for those around you?
This one-night workshop provides helpful strategies for making it from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day:
- Complete a personalized holiday planner that helps you navigate your way from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day.
- Learn the art of pre-grieving.
- Honor your loved one and your loss while still finding moments to celebrate.
- Avoid potholes that can cause damage to you and those around you.
- Navigate speed bumps along the way.
No registration required. Just show up—and bring your family or friends.
NOTE: If you registered for REBUILD's core workshop in the fall, you're automatically invited to attend Handling the Holidays workshop with your REBUILD group.
When you're grieving the death of a loved one, a divorce, or a pregnancy loss, where can you turn? REBUILD workshops offer comfort, hope, and practical tools for healing after the death of a loved one; a finalized divorce; miscarriage or stillbirth. Our ten-week core workshop is offered twice a year (winter/spring and fall). REBUILD also hosts topical workshops on helpful grieving at other times during the year.
At REBUILD's core workshop, you'll be seated at a table based on the type of loss you've experienced. Spring sessions TBA.
What to expect
- Compelling, practical large-group teaching from a team of therapists, pastors, and teachers who have navigated their own seasons of loss
- Safe, confidential small-group conversations led by compassionate leaders—alongside fellow participants who have experienced a loss similar to yours
- Tons of practical tools for helpful grieving
- Insight for how to connect spiritually through your loss
Spring sessions TBA.
To learn more about REBUILD, call (847) 765-5000 and ask to speak with a Response Pastor. Response Pastors are available M–F from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
For additional resources or help finding a therapist.
Willow Creek's response pastors include skilled, compassionate people equipped to listen, suggest additional resources, provide coaching on how to find a good therapist, share information about various Willow Creek ministries, and/or pray with you. To speak with a pastor, call the church at 847-765-5000 and ask to speak with a response pastor. We'd love to speak with you and will return your call as soon as possible.